Boonslick Medical Group has a long history of serving the St. Charles community and surrounding areas. Original founder, Dr. Orville W. Towers, opened his office on Main St. in the Denwol Building in 1946 after returning from World War II. Dr. Towers started his medical practice as a general practitioner, specializing in obstetrics. Over the years he delivered over 8500 babies.
Dr. Paul Rother joined Dr. Towers in practice on July 1, l955 followed by Dr. John F. Commerford on November 10, 1959. Doctors Rother and Commerford were General Practitioners but were soon joined by Dr. Henry W. Clever, a Pediatrician, and Dr. Russell Hanlon, an Obstetrician/Gynecologist.
Boonslick Medical Group was incorporated in February, 1965 when the new office building was completed at 1301 Boonslick Road (later changed to Boone’s Lick Road).
Boonslick Medical Group was reorganized on July 1, l970 as a professional corporation and duly incorporated under state laws of Missouri, has a charter and is duly licensed as a Missouri corporation.
Currently, Boonslick Medical Group, Inc. is the largest independent multispecialty group in St. Charles County.